In my personal experience of “hearing God” there are times when it’s like a stone ceiling separating His voice from me. I’ve heard lots of people say the same thing! Some things I’ve learned about this frustrating experience…
- Trinity wants this communication even more than you
- The goal of hearing God is about a relationship, not just a “get me out of trouble” thing…that’s relying on “signs”
- Maybe you have not yet discovered His “customized” experience for you
- Watch out for expectations about how you think it has to happen
- Talk with others who have experience in this (pastor; friend; books)…they can be a wonderful resource.
Please share your experience.